Monday, May 26, 2008

ASIA MEDIA SUMMIT 2008

Yesterday, i went for a volunteer to a job for Asia Media Summit 2008 held in Nikko Hotel.
I went to my friend house in Bandar Puteri Puchong in 7.30am and we drove there and reach the destination in 8.30am.

After we reached there, we were given some task to do and eventually, i was divided to a small recording room to record the speech of the workshop that day. My job is so simple, just press 'record' when they start, and 'pause' when they break. Lolz. Is was too boring. The workers ask me just to chill in the room and watch TV. But, i dunwan, coz i go there to get experience, not watch TV, if i wanna watch TV, i can just stay at home~ ^^

Then, i went down to the hallway. I just walking around, try to make new friends. Actually i was walking the whole day around, try to know China, Hong Kong or Singapore media. Too bad i saw them but had no chance to talk with them. One of my friends is very lucky, he met some media from his country, Bangladesh and got an interview and also a job of UNICEF~ So lucky la him~ =.=...

After that we had lunch. OMG, the food there is tasty and yummy!!! Best of all, is FREE BUFFET!!!!! Means i can eat all i want!!!! LOLZ!!! XD I ate alot until very full~ Miss the food~ =P

After that, the next workshop started again~ I was then also nothing to do~ So i just hang around and i met with a girl from Macau TV Station~ We had some talk for some time~ Later, me and my senior from Mass Comm, was arrange to the lobby of Nikko Hotel just to sit there and wait to guide the media representer from other country to our main hallway in the 2nd floor~ Quite a boring job~ We just sit there for about 2 or 3 hours while only 4-5 man that came to our counter only.. =.=~

We all finish at about 5pm and we went back to our hostel with LRT. At the LRT, i feel that we are same to the workers who work for the office hours. Because, we are wearing former, with a nametag, and standing in a LRT to go back home. I think this is how it feel to be an office worker. Quite interesting~ Haha~ Indeed it is a very good experience for me~ ^^

Anyway, i am gonna go to attend a dinner with the Prime Minister tonight in Nikko Hotel~ I will try to take photo with the Prime Minister if got chance~ Wait and see la~ Haha~ =P

That's all for today~ ^^

No comments: